There’s an old saying that 10% of elk hunters kill 90% of the elk in DIY elk hunting. Well we sit down with Zach Bowhay and chat about what the 10%, like himself, do differently to be successful in elk hunting. I love that Zach is a well rounded hunter and knows how to get it done in different ways and is not afraid to try something new. We talk about his new found success and love for stalking elk, his success with implementing decoys, his favorite gear, and much more.
- Early years of DIY elk hunting
- The 90/10 of DIY elk hunting
- Selecting an elk hunting area
- Not looking for primo elk areas
- Calling elk vs stalking elk
- When to stalk elk
- One foot in front of the other when DIY elk hunting
- Elk hunting gear suggestions
- Upcoming AK hunt
Zach gives some great advice to all elk hunters on becoming more successful in DIY elk hunting.