In this episode, life long Utah resident and tag application specialist Brandon Evans joins the show to break down the the Utah draw application system. Brandon also discusses some different tag draw strategies and over the counter opportunity hunts throughout the state. Though elk seems to be the main topic of discussion, we did touch on mule deer a fair amount. We also briefly go over antelope hunting opportunities as well as all of the “trophy species”. Over all even if you miss the application deadline this episode has some great info on opportunity hunts and over the counter options for those who don’t draw a tag anywhere else this year.
- Utah elk overview (12:30)
- Why everyone should put in for Utah (15:25)
- How to put in twice on the same license (18:10)
- Tips for not missing a draw (17:25)
- How the Utah draw works (18:40)
- New change for 2017 general deer (19:55)
- Max point pool vs random draw pool (21:35)
- General bull and spike/ cow tags (23:35)
- Good General Hunts and units to avoid (31:40)
- New feature to goHUNT.com (33:30)
- Utah Deer overview (35:00
- Limited entry draw order and why its important to know (41:20)
- Extended Late Hunts (44:45)
- CWMU tags (47:10)
- Antelope Hunts (49:35)
- Once in a Lifetime hunts (51:20)
- Sheep Hunts (52:20)
- Moose Hunts (53:10)
- Mountain Goat (57:30)
This episode is brought to you by goHUNT.com/insider. GoHUNT Insider is an amazing hunt research platform that is a must have for any dedicated hunter. Find and research tag opportunities based on your own preferences, and find great hunting opportunities throughout the west. If you are serious about hunting, goHUNT Insider is worth every penny.
Sign up today and use promo code: RICH to not only will you get insider access to everything we cover in this episode, but you will also receive a $50 gift certificate to Sportsman’s Warehouse.
This episode is brought to you by Greenbelly Meals. Greenbelly Meals are a true meal replacement bar. Chris Cage the founder, designed these bars to be 650 calories and 33% of your daily nutrition for 6 core nutrients. I have been using Greenbelly meals for the last two season now and I absolutely love them.
These bars are one of the best options for quick, easy, light weight backcountry meals that I have ever come across. I also keep a few stashed in my truck, just in case. To get more information and to order some for your next hunt, just go to www.greenbelly.co and use coupon code TRO10 for 10% off your first order.